Does CBD Show Up on a Drug Test?
Suncanna Oils provides CBD products to the New England region. We carry a wide selection of softgels, topicals, and athletic enhancers to meet your needs. Our team strives to offer you the highest quality customer service for a satisfactory experience. We’re here to assist you if you have questions concerning our CBD store or need guidance on a specific regimen. We train our professionals with the utmost knowledge to bundle packages and educate you on all the CBD benefits. The overall functions of your body, mind, and soul are a priority for us, which is why we aim to help you reach a positive lifestyle. Contact us today for your CBD needs.
What Kind of Tests Are Used For CBD Detection?
One of the most common detection processes is called an immunoassay. This test includes a urine or blood sample to search for active metabolites or compounds. If you need results quickly, this would be one of the faster routes. However, a confirmation drug test may be requested because false positives and negatives can occur. A mass spectrometry is ideal for more extensive research and testing. It’s more expensive and time-consuming but offers the most accurate outcomes. Drug tests can detect THC for three days after a singular use or up to 30 days after consumption.
Does CBD Show Up on a Drug Test?
Many CBD products contain traces of THC, the psychoactive compound responsible for the “high” associated with marijuana use. Drug tests typically screen for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) versus assessing for cannabidiol (CBD). A positive result may occur if you use a full-spectrum CBD product that contains more than 0.3% THC. Keep in mind that the amount of THC required for detection can vary depending on the type of drug test, its sensitivity, and frequency of consumption. You can use CBD isolate or broad-spectrum products that don’t include any THC.
What Are the Reasons For Failing a CBD Test?
There are several reasons why you may fail a CBD test. These vary depending on the type of test taken and what kind of products you consume. Every individual is unique in how their bodies interact and metabolize CBD supplements. Whether it’s an oil, soft gel, or gummy, consider the following reasons why you could have a positive test:
- Using a Product With THC – The most common scenario for a failed CBD drug test is that you are using a product that contains THC. Most supplements in this case are full spectrum bodied. A low-grade product could additionally play a factor in a positive result.
- Cross-Contamination of THC – Small amounts of THC that exist in a substance that CBD is extracted from can infiltrate the oil. This could occur when the oil is purchased from cannabis dispensaries where the plant is legal.
- Mislabeling of Products – CBD products are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Because of this, it’s not uncommon for mislabeled products to exist, stating they are THC-free.
- Secondhand Exposure to CBD – Exposure to marijuana by secondhand smoking is not common for a positive drug test to appear. However, it is possible when you are in a room with heavy smokers for multiple hours.
How Does CBD Break Down in the Digestive System?
When ingested, CBD is absorbed into the bloodstream through the walls of your digestive system. Once it’s in your body, the CBD is transported to the liver, where enzymes metabolize it. The metabolites are eliminated from your bloodstream through the kidneys and feces. The rate at which CBD is processed and eliminated from your body depends on your age, weight, liver function, and the presence of other medications. How this substance is metabolized can affect the amount that reaches your system and its availability for your body’s use. Factors such as the administration and dosage method can additionally depict CBD’s interaction in your bloodstream.
How Can You Avoid a Positive CBD Drug Test?
You must know the risks associated with using CBD products if you’re subject to drug testing. You can take steps to minimize the risk of a positive test result. Keep in mind that some employers may have their own drug testing rules. So, it’s always a good idea to check with them to find out what potential factors to consider. A few steps you can take to avoid a positive result on a CBD drug test include the following:
- Choose THC-Free Products – To avoid the risk of a positive drug test, look for CBD products specifically labeled THC-free. These supplements have undergone testing to ensure that they contain no detectable levels of this substance.
- Verify the Label – Check the label on the product to verify that it’s completely free of THC. In some cases, products may be mislabeled, so it’s crucial to verify the information before use.
- Choose High-Quality Products – Look for high-grade CBD supplements from trustworthy manufacturers that use third-party testing. This will allow you to verify the quality and purity of the products.
- Consider the Hemp Source – The source of the hemp used to make the CBD product can impact the risk of a positive drug test. Hemp grown in the United States is subject to stricter rules and is less likely to contain high THC levels than in other countries.
- Limit Your Dosage – The higher the dose of CBD you take, the more prone you are to having small amounts of THC in your system. If you’re concerned about a positive result from a test, consider limiting your dosage.
What Products Do We Carry in Our CBD Store?
Our CBD shop includes a broad inventory of items for your personal needs. If you are struggling with the daily stresses of life, we offer oils and gummies to aid with calming your mind. Additionally, we carry a selection of supplements and topicals for your athletic needs. Our products can relieve discomfort when your muscles ache and are stiff from a workout or competition. We keep a loaded stock of CBD dog treats for your furry friends so they can enjoy daily living right along with you. For a complete list of our CBD products, browse the following options:
Trust Our CBD Shop For Your Organic Supplements
Suncanna Oils is your trusted CBD store for topical lotions, oil, and additional products. Our team knows the importance of your physical and mental well-being. Our supplements promote daily healthy living by providing positive results for your anxiety, pain, and more. When your pets need calming treats, we can help you choose the best routine for their health. Our drink mix and sports cream are perfect for an energy boost and relief before or after an athletic event. No matter the condition or scenario, you can consider us your one-stop shop for all your needs. Contact us today after browsing our CBD products.